Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Golden Arches- A Memory of Dad


Dad and I were in Cottage Grove visiting grandma and grandpa. I couldn't sleep and dad was awake working on his log books. I got up and joined him at the dining room table- grandma and grandpa lived on Pritchett Place then. (I can even remember the street number...) After we chatted for awhile, he got up and went to the window and said, "Wanna go get something to eat? The golden arches are still lit up, see?" as he pointed to the blazing golden "M" of the McDonald's a few blocks east. So, we hopped in gramma's little Toyota pickup in the cool and quiet Oregon mid-summer and went to the drive-thru and ordered milkshakes and fries. I miss his spontaneity....

1 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, May 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omigosh..I could totally feel or smell what you were typing about grandmas little toyota pickup and the way oregon smells and that street that grandma lived on. Crazy! Hope your trip is going well!!
-your cousin ashlei

 

Post a Comment

<< Home