Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Mother and Baby

My cousin Ashlei in Wyoming gave birth via emergency c-section in Denver last night. Ashlei has always had asthma and has been on all kinds of steroids and been to the ER numerous times. She keeps our family on our toes.... Last night her lungs collapsed and they had to get the baby out to save her. Macei Jill is 4 weeks early.

As of now, Macei is doing great. She is in the regular nursery. Her apgar scores were great (I really have no idea what 'apgar' scores are, but it sounds good.) Ashlei on the other hand isn't doing so well. Her lung surgery went okay but not as well as expected. They had to put her on a ventilator and she is now in a drug-induced coma. She has had to have 2 blood transfusions.

I really can't believe this is happening. It takes me back to that place of horror, disbelief, denial. I think and hope that she will be ok, but I really don't know that for sure. In reality, nobody does. We take so much for granted. Please keep my cousin Ashlei and her baby in your thoughts as my family and I hope for the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home