Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Peanut Butter Honey Balls

Just made these last night and I ate one before boot camp this morning... yum! They are so easy to make. (I am a huge fan of fewer ingredients.) Great nutritionals too! 

Peanut Butter Honey Balls
Makes 12 servings

1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup uncooked oatmeal
1/2 cup honey
3/4 cup instant non-fat dry milk
1/2 cup wheat germ (or oat bran- it's what I used)
1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Mix all ingredients together and roll into 1" balls. Refrigerate.

I also added some flax seed meal for added omega-3 fatty acids and fiber without the added carbohydrates. I didn't need to adjust the recipe for this addition, but keep in mind that the batter should be kinda sticky, so you may have to. 

Nutrition Information (without flax or raisins):
Serving size: 61g (1/12 recipe)
Calories: 237
Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 3 mg
Sodium: 126 mg 
Carbohydrates: 37 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 20 g
Protein: 11g

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home