Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Ninja Skills

This can't be right. It's a mistake.... clearly a mistake. Have I really not blogged since May? (And a pretty cop-out post at that.) No wonder only four of you ever read my blog. The good news is that I've been entertaining myself with other wonderfully refreshing and very entertaining new (to me) blogs, see Kristy's and Todd's blogs, also linked at right. Kristy is currently doing volunteer work in Uganda and Todd is one of my close friends from college. 7444 Gallery is his art gallery in Saranac Lake, NY.

Anyway, one of the other things I've been preoccupied with lately is knives.

Yes, I'm a ninja. In the kitchen.

I recently took a Knife Skills class at In Good Taste Cooking School in downtown Portland. I can't believe what a difference nice (sharp!) knives and the correct techniques make. I now want to mince, dice, chop, slice, chiffonade & Asian julienne everything that crosses the threshold into my kitchen. Actually, anything that makes me want to prepare my own food is a good thing. Believe me.

You shoulda seen that basil I worked on... best in the class. And that grapefruit I put in my parfait- perfect! garlic paste? minced garlic? no problem. Onions- my favorite. You want fajitas? You can have 'em- I hate green peppers, but I'd be happy to show you how to conquer that green ball of confusion.

Now, if I could just afford one of those locally-made, sharpened-for-free, 8" chef's knife, the city would be safe. And fed.

1 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, January 14, 2010, Blogger heidi said...

love it.

and, yes, it has been too long since your last blog post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home