Thursday, May 04, 2006

Poolside school

Have I mentioned how great his place is? In my afternoon espanol class, my professor and I sat poolside for our lesson. I had my shoes off and I was working on my tan while I was learning spanish! When Marta and I were reviewing colors and things in a house, we walked around the school and garden. WITHOUT SHOES!!! (sigh....) Don't you wish you were here?

Nothing much has happened since yesterday. I can feel a very strict schedule taking shape: wake up, shower, eat breakfast, run to espanol school, come home for lunch, run any errands (I have 2 hours in between my am class and my afternoon class- that leaves about 45 minutes after I am done eating lunch), afternoon espanol, one free hour (I should be studying, but I come to the internet cafe), dinner with mi familia and then study!!

I have found it helpful to make flashcards for my vocabulary words and espanol phrases. It has been more than 5 years since I went to school so this is a bit bizarre, having to study and do homework. I stayed up pretty late last night studying, which I am used to doing from architecture school. Hasta manana!

2 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, May 05, 2006, Blogger Wade said...

Just getting up to speed on the blog sounds amazing!

When I was in Honduras there were a few guys from Guatamala scuba diving - be careful - I heard some bad stories I will not repreat.

About he computer lingo. Go to control panels and 'Regional and Language Options' then chagne everything you can in those tabs to 'English (US)'. For the keyboard, in that same window, go to 'Languages' tab and 'Details' button. Change the keyboard to US. Hope that help!

If the operating systems is in Spanish, which it probably is, that is the most you can chagne.

Wade

 
At 2:10 PM, May 06, 2006, Blogger nicole said...

Muchas gracias!!

I have heard some stories too, my roommate got robbed the other night. I am very careful and knowing a bit of espaƱol helps...how are you?

n

 

Post a Comment

<< Home