Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Miercoles


Teaching is really going great! I have been preparing and waiting for this for so long and I was so worried that I wasn´t going to be good at it or that I wouldn´t like it but I´m here and I love it. These girls are really smart. It took only one class for them to get used to the class being taught in English. I think their potential hasn´t been tapped into before and that previous teachers have just underestimated them.

I thought that team teaching was going to be good, but I think I´d rather teach by myself. Emily (the new girl from Oklahoma) is really book smart and she can recite all kinds of research and facts about teaching, but she is visibly nervous and does not appear to be having fun when she´s leading the class. She doesn´t seem to get a feel for where the girls are in their learning or when they´re bored or anything. She is just too rigid in general. In addition, planning lessons with her is twice as much work as it should be. Yesterday we met for 45 minutes and got just half of a one-hour lesson done.

There is another new guy who will be teaching as well. He is from Texas.... I´m not sure what they did to market this program in that area of the US, but it worked whatever they did. I am hoping we can each maybe concetrate on one class by ourselves or soemthing. We shall see- I only have a week and a half left of teaching! So, just about the time I am getting used to it all, I will have to leave....

2 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, May 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Autumn says teaching is a very rewarding job. I always told her if you make a difference in one childs life then you have for sure done you job. A teachers position is one of the most important jobs, I believe they have a great deal of influence in the lives of many. Keep up the good work, you will make a difference even if it's just to one child. They will remember you for a very long time.

 
At 1:44 PM, May 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, Love you Aunt Lori

 

Post a Comment

<< Home