10 Things I WOULD BE Very Thankful For10 Things I WOULD BE very thankful for (in no order, and this ONLY 10 things)- not to say that I am NOT thankful for so many things that I do have.... I just thought I would do something different. Happy Thanksgiving.
1. Effective Oregon Driver's Education
2. Effective California Driver's Education (Hello Lindsay Lohan)
3. Effective Washington Driver's Education (I grew up in SD and never took driver's ed and I am a much better driver than west coasters)
4. People who donate to refugees who will be arriving on Portland in January (contact me if interested.)
5. If my mom came to visit me in Portland
6. Any family members and friends who visit me in Portland. I love hosting!
7. Rich people donating to a good cause, or to anything for that matter. I just volunteered for Loaves & Fishes this week. I stood outside of a grocery store and harassed (ok, politely asked people if they would be interested in donating a meal or two to a home-bound senior) and the men who drove up in their 2006 Mercedes and the women in their 2007 BMW SUVs all seemed to give the cold shoulder. Some of them didn't even acknowledge that my friend Cecelia and I were talking to them, they just ignored us. The young to middle-age and not-so-affluent people were the ones who were receptive and sometimes excited about paying just $2.90 (minimum, for ONE meal. You could buy a month for about $20 or an entire month for $87- probably a measly fraction of that doctor's income.) This doesn't make any sense to me.
8. If I could give my dad just one more hug. Or thank you. Or "I love you."
9. If there was a junction box in the ceiling of my studio so I could mount my ceiling fan that is halfway out of the box and occupying a significant amount of floor space in my place.
10. If I could meet a person who could show me (consciously or not) to realize what I am supposed to be doing with my life.