Saturday, March 31, 2007

Last day in Europe

Well, today was it. My last day. Luckily, I have seen pretty much everything I wanted to see in Amsterdam except for the Heineken Experience, which I did today. So I got to take it easy and relax. It was sunny and warm here again! I went to a vegetarian restaurant for lunch, then to the Noordermarkt. Norbert called me so we met for coffee and dessert and then went to the Heineken Experience to meet Mike and Machado. It was kinda cool- its basically a museum of the history of Heineken beer complete with how they brew it- except it was more interactive than a regular museum. I can tell that they tried really hard to make it a fun place to be.

Me + Mike at Heiney

Norbert and I at Heiney


With your 10 Euro admission, you get three beers and a free gift. (Norbert thought that was bargain.) I am convinced that they pick a rowdy bunch of guys at the beginning of the day and just keep giving them free beer until closing- It helps the mood of the two bars within the tour and it gets everyone drinking.... they were yelling and singing at the top of their lungs.



Mike, Machado and I are meeting Norbert for tapas around 9 (hopefully Jocham as well) and we will celebrate the end of our Europe 2007 trip.... I will miss Amsterdam the most....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home